This is a card game presenting a scenario that requires players to use deductive reasoning and problem solving skills to reach to a conclusion as to what should be done.
Planting trees is a real investment for the future – they take a long time to mature! Things don’t always go right and foresters need to be able to recognise the signs when things are going wrong, and to find solutions. Forest researchers are working on finding out how trees will be affected by climate change, and what we can do to help those trees already growing, as well as which species will be best suited for our future forests.
Learners will have/be able to:
- Identify ways in which the changing climate will affect trees in Britain
- Identify action people can take to help trees adapt to climate change
- Consider other’s opinions and put forward their own
- Contribute to a group decision and move things forward
YOU WILL NEED
- Outdoors or indoor space
Allowing small group working
- 6.1A Scenario cards
1 set per group
- Flipchart sheets and coloured pens
Enough for 2 each per group