This activity looks at one of the current causes of climate change – the burning of fossil fuels.
You can make it as simple or detailed as you wish, depending on the age/ ability of your class, and whether you use it as an introductory, or summing up activity.
Learners will have/be able to:
- Describe the nature of a gas, and the mix of different gases making up the atmosphere of planet Earth
- Use an example to explain how/ why the amount of some gases in the atmosphere has been changing, and the effect this has had on world climate patterns over time.
- Describe examples of natural causes of climate change, and examples of causes of climate change thought to be due to human activities.
YOU WILL NEED
- World globe/ball
If possible painted with the continents and swirling white clouds
representing the atmosphere.
- Finger puppet animal
- Finger puppet or real leaf
- Selection of layers of warmth
Hats, scarves, coats, blankets